Responsible Service of Gambling
Course delivery location:
4 Hours (Half Day)
|Statement of Attainment|
This course is an accredited training unit and forms part of a Certificate II in Hospitality and a Certificate III in Hospitality. Both this unit and RSA - Responsible Service of Alcohol (and Prepare Espresso Coffee) can be completed as part of the total qualification.
This is the new version (2 March, 2016) Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) course for Queensland hospitality workers. This course provides a nationally recognised SITHGAM001 Provide Responsible Service of Gambling Statement of Attainment delivered by a registered training organisation. This course allows you to work in Queensland licensed venues and to provide responsible gambling services, and information to customers who require assistance with their problem gambling.
Your training will be done in two (2) clusters. Clusters include practical examples and scenarios, so you will get 'live' experience rather than just reading about it. Upon completion of the classroom training, you will have a final assessment that includes a practical scenario.
Cluster 1 – Provide responsible service of gambling.
- Follow responsible gambling service procedures according to relevant state and territory legislation and industry and enterprise policy or codes of conduct.
- Maintain accurate records of gambling-related incidents and associated staff action, according to industry and enterprise policy and procedures.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel on gambling-related incidents or situations and compliance with legislation and industry and enterprise policy.
- Ensure gambling environmental features support responsible gambling policies.
Cluster 2 – Assist customers to gamble within appropriate limits
- Provide accurate and appropriate information on problem gambling to customers on request.
- Follow procedures for self-exclusion and exclusion requests according to legislation, industry and enterprise policy and confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- Display signage and information related to responsible gambling in appropriate places visible to players, according to industry, enterprise and legislative requirements.
- Provide information on available support services according to confidentiality and privacy requirements, and industry, enterprise and legislative requirements.
The Following Partners deliver this training on our behalf ...
- Halo Nation Training Pty Ltd